Wednesday, September 28, 2022
More

    Latest Posts

    Meghan Markle Claims Royal Family is “Perpetuating Falsehood”

    - Advertisement -

    Days before Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, CBS released on Wednesday, March 3, another controversial sneak peek wherein the former Suits actress claimed that the royal family were “perpetuating falsehoods”.

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Shutterstock

    This came after the iconic host asked her, “How do you feel about the Palace hearing you speak your truth today?”

    Meghan responded, “I don’t know how they could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent when there is an active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.”

    She also mentioned that she and her husband are aware of the “risk of losing things” after participating in the said interview but she added, “There’s a lot that’s been lost already.”

    The sneak peek was released shortly after a report came out of Meghan’s bullying allegations.

    Britain’s The Times, published two articles on Tuesday, March 2, claiming that Meghan had been mean to staff members. They cited some unnamed sources and emails from palace officials.

    Meanwhile, Meghan’s representative released a statement that denied such allegations. It read, “The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.”

    “She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”

    Further, the couple’s lawyers also said that the publication was “being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative.”

    - Advertisement -

    Buckingham Palace announced they will be investigating these claims. On Wednesday, March 3, they issued a statement that read, “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned. The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    Don't Miss