Wednesday, December 7, 2022
More

    Latest Posts

    New Princess Diaries Movie Confirmed

    - Advertisement -

    Good news to Princess Diaries fans because the third installment is finally happening. However, the cast is yet to be revealed.

    The Hollywood Reporter reported that Disney is working on the third film and Aadrita Mukerji is writing the script. Sources confirmed to the outlet that it’s not going to be a new reboot but a continuation of the unforgettable 2000s films.

    In 2001, Anne Hathaway starred as Mia Thermopolis, a simple American girl who discovered she was the heir to the throne of Genovia, a kingdom in Europe. Though the outlet said that it’s not yet confirmed that she’ll be returning on the third movie, she’s been vocal that there would be a third installment of the Princess Diaries franchise.

    In 2019, the actress told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live  that she’d love to be a part of the new film. She said during that time, “I want to do it. Julie wants to do it, Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen.” 

    The actress added, “We don’t want to do it unless it’s perfect, because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you and we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready. But we’re working on it.”

    THR also confirmed that Debra Martin Chase is producing the new film. In addition to Anne, the Princess Diaries movies also starred Julie Andrews, Mandy Moore, Hector Elizondo, Heather Matarazzo, Sanda Oh, and Erik von Detten. 

    The movies are based on the novel written by Meg Cabot. During its 20th anniversary last year, Anne took to Instagram to offer a special tribute. She wrote, “Miracles happen. Happy 20th Birthday to #theprincessdiaries, AKA the film that launched a thousand sleep overs.” She referenced Myra’s song from the film’s soundtrack and also included several photos from the film.

    Meanwhile, it’s been 18 years since the release of The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. 

    - Advertisement -

    As for Julie Andrews, she said during an interview in June, “I think it would be too late to do it now. There was talk of a sequel many, many years ago. But I don’t think it ever came to pass. And Garry then did leave us. [Gary Marshall, the films’ director, died in 2016.] [For] especially me, it’s too far down the line now to go back to it. It’s a lovely thought, but I don’t think it would probably be possible.”

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    Don't Miss